Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lancôme Le Gris L'Wren

Last month, while shopping at a outlet mall, I saw a cosmetic outlet store that sold Lancôme.  Hoping to find some discontinued nail polish colors, I walked in scouring for little glass bottles.  They had nothing.  Just as I was about to walk out the store, I see behind the counter on display, L'Wren Scott Pochette Gift Set for Lancôme Holiday Collection 2010.


L'Wren Scott was a former model, now a fashion designer.  The collection she help design was inspired by "the red lip", which she felt was the most iconic symbol of glamour.  Now this collection was totally calling my name.  I love everything about this collection, especially the smokey eyeshadow quad and the beautiful red gloss.  And of course how can I forget about the nail polish?

Le Gris L'Wren is a shimmering metallic grey with blue... or maybe blue with grey?  Either way, I wasn't sure how this would look on me.  At first glance, in the bottle it reminded me a lot of Essie Fair Game, which was absolutely horrendous on me.  Plus the fact that this is a metallic, with an almost frost-like shimmer, the combination of two was like a red flag for me.



This was the color was used on the runway for L'Wren's Fall 2010 fashion show.  I have to say, I was actually pleasantly surprised that I like it on me.  The grey-blue was cool enough to look nice against my skin tone, but still had a bit of warmth to the color without looking strange on me.  This is the first time I've used a Lancôme nail polish, and I have to say the formula was amazing!  It went on the nail like butter, so smooth and easy; also great coverage. With the right application skill, you may only need one coat.  I know this won't be my last bottle of Lancôme nail polish.

There was another nail color released in this collection.  It's called Le Rouge L'Wren, a dark burgundy jelly shimmer with mirco-glitters of gold, red, blue and purple.  I would love to get my hands on a bottle.  I've seen pictures and it's so beautiful, but also because I have a weakness for the vampy reds.


In case you were interested, the L'Wren Scott Pochette Gift Set for Lancôme Holiday Collection 2010 includes the following:

     ~ Ombre Absolue Palette Quad in Les Grid L'Wren
     ~ Hypnose Drama in Black
     ~ L'Absolu Rouge in Le Rouge L'Wren
     ~ L'Abolu Créme De Brilliance in Rouge L'Wren
     ~ Mini Vernis in Le Gris L'Wren
     ~ L'Wren Scott Large Pochette

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome find. It's a really unique color and I'm envious that cool-toned colors look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete