Sunday, December 4, 2011

Butter London The Black Knight


The Black Knight is one of three colors from the Holiday 2011, limited edition collection.  Not sure what happened to my bottle, but looks like all the purple glitter decided to collect itself in area, but it's still pretty, right?  Even with all it's beauty I know there has been some mixed reviews on this one.  Despite of the less favorable reviews, I still had to run out and get it; and I was also very determined to make it work.

I was very prepared when it came time to try it out, making sure I had what I needed to make this color as beautiful as I hoped it would be.  It's a black base packed with multi-colored glitter, a perfect combination.  I used three coats; and as expected, it dried to a gritty finish, looking a little flat on the nail.  That was easily solved with a nice thick coat of Gelous, and finishing it off with two coats of Poshe Top Coat.  I would admit that this was a high maintenance polish, but really, it's totally worth it!




Just look all the beautiful glitter shimmering throughout the nails!  The multi-color glitter really pops against the black base.  Seriously, my picture is not doing this mani any justice whatsoever. 


I loved the way it looked on my nails.  I couldn't stop staring at it.  It was so magical looking and festive.  It totally reminded me of driving around the neighborhood looking at all the Christmas lights at night.  It's so amazingly beautiful, I can't really explain it.  I really do think this is the PERFECT holiday color.  All the extra layers was so worthwhile when the end result is so beautiful.  I will definitely wear this one again.  Next time, I'm going to try layering it over a base of black.

No comments:

Post a Comment