Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Nails


Happy 4th of July everyone!  

I hope everyone is enjoying the day.  Our morning started off with going over to city hall to see the 4th of July parade; followed by a nice brunch out.  We got back home and got all the prep done for the BBQ.  While my hubby is manning the grill, I thought I come by with a quick post.

I'm not very good at nail art, so I just tend to play around with color and glitter for my themed nails.  




This mani started out with a blue base of Maisie Shine Fantasia, and Orly Ma Cherie for the red base on my ring finger.  Next, I layered Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Pride over Maisie Shine Fantasia; and Julep America over Orly Ma Cherie ring finger.  To combat the bumpiness, I add 2 coats of Gelous, and a coat of Poshé quick dry top coat.

I have to be honest and say that my original mani plan did not involve Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Pride.  It was an after thought because I was so disappointment that I could not find any stars in my bottle of Juelp America.  You can see from my bottle shot, my Julep America looks completely star-less.  I try digging around for some, though I did see one floating in there, I failed at getting it out.  I had my heart set on stars... even if it was just one star.  Feeling a bit defeated, I reached for Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Pride.  Yes, I think that did the trick.

Both Maisie Shine and Nostalgic Nail Lacquer are independent brands.  If you click on their name, the link will take you to their store front.  Currently, both Fantasia and Pride are sold out.  

While I'm enjoying the middle of the week break, I do wish it could have been a long weekend.  Now, it's time for me to get back to our BBQ, stuff myself with more food, then it's off the see the fireworks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment